Artika Angel (formerly Artika Wadhwa) received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Computer Information Systems from Suffolk University in 2000, graduating with Honors. Attorney Angel’s background, prior to entering law school, was in technology, primarily software development, website design and database administration.
In 2007, Attorney Angel was awarded the degree of Juris Doctor from Roger Williams University School of Law, with honors, and is licensed to practice law in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
In 2019, Attorney Angel joined Bletzer & Bletzer, P.C. as Of Counsel to manage the firm’s Estate and Elder Law Advisory practice.
Attorney Angel was formerly a Partner with a highly established Metro West firm from 2012 to 2019 ( firm founded in 1960) and Managing Estate Planning Attorney for a major Boston firm from 2006-2011 (firm founded in 1984).
Attorney Angel brings over thirteen years of vast experience of regularly working with individuals, families of any age, retirees, and business owners, in helping them develop sound estate plans and/or business succession plans that address estate tax liabilities, probate issues, providing for minor children, special needs issues, long-term care issues and asset protection. Attorney Angel develops financial and legal strategies for clients to efficiently pass wealth onto heirs, to provide asset protection, to settle their estate according to their wishes, and to reduce or eliminate their tax burden. In addition, Attorney Angel assists high net worth individuals with sophisticated estate planning and wealth transfer techniques, including revocable trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, irrevocable gift trusts, inheritor’s trusts, and limited liability companies (LLCs).
Attorney Angel also brings extensive experience in the field of Elder Law and Long-Term Care Planning. Attorney Angel has a proven track record of effective long-term care planning with the use of Irrevocable (Medicaid) Trusts and preparing successful Medicaid (MassHealth) Applications for long-term care benefits for individuals residing in a long-term care facility or at home in the community. Attorney Angel has also developed a niche for assisting clients with last-minute planning in crisis situations where nursing home/long-term care is imminent. In addition, Attorney Angel also brings years of experience in preparing successful Social Security Disability Applications (SSDI/SSI.)
Attorney Angel readily collaborates with the client’s accountant, financial planner, investment advisor, wealth manager, and/or insurance professional to ensure the client has a reliable team of professionals.
Artika Angel resides in Easton with her husband and enjoys traveling, hiking, road trips, reading, watching football, learning, and volunteering for various charitable organizations.
Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D – 2007
- Honors: cum laude
Suffolk University, Boston, MA
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Griffin Fellows Honor Society
- Majors: Business Administration/Computer Information Systems
- Massachusetts, 2007
- Rhode Island, 2007
- Board of Director of Natick Service Council, 2018 to Present
- Pro-Bono Attorney for Elder Law Project via Women’s Bar Association, 2017 to Present
- Boston Bar Association, 2007
- Boston Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Pro-Bono Committee, 2008
- Boston Estate Planning Council, 2007-2009, 2020
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Membership Committee, 2008 to 2009
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member, 2007 to 2020
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys 2016-2020
- Wealth Counsel Member 2019-2020
- USA500 Member, 2014-2018, 2020
- Income and Estate Tax Return Preparation, Tax Planning and Tax Controversies
- Hebrew speaking staff available upon request